Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wow.....AWOL!!!!

Geeezzzz..... Time goes by so fast I did not realize I was AWOL for a year. Sorry!


Well the latest thing is a friend of mine sent me a link to this really neat sight for crafters. It's called Ravelry and I have to say I love it. It's a place where I'm able to keep track of all my yarns, pattern books and projects that I'm working on. Thanks D-Man!!!!


There are also a ton of groups you can join on the site to meet fellow crafters with similar interests, as well as discuss problems that may be coming up in your projects etc...

One of the groups I have joined does dishcloth exchanges, which I am very excited about, because they crochet / knit up very fast, allowing you to try new patterns and stitches. And you get to gift them away to people while receiving new ones back from someone else. Who does not need dishcloths / washcloths. Plus they are all going to be soooo different :0)


My goal now is to start a stash of Dishcloths so that I always have some on hand, to mail out. Of course I may not always have one that fits the theme for that particular exchange, but that's half the fun of it, making them!!!
This one I made out of "The Big Book of Dishcloths" It's Pattern #53. I know they are numbered, it seems no one gave them time enough to name them. :0( It whipped up pretty quick and was easy enough to follow until the last row. Then I ran into a slight problem, and I don't know if it was me or the pattern. But the mistake is small enough that you don't notice unless your looking for it. I still love it because it's the first Dishcloth I ever made that is not a square. :0P
I used a giant ball of 100% Cotton that I had here at home. I could not tell you what the colour of it is as the label on the ball went missing a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it was from Bernat.


No comments: