Friday, September 15, 2006
My first Crochet Hat
Okay so I tried the hat pattern that can be found on Emily Rugburns page. The hat took me some time to get started, I was having a bit of trouble with having 2 extra stitches every time I tried it, but I eventually figured it out. The actual crocheting of the hat took me just over an hour. The crocheting of the flower took me almost an hour as well. My flower still needs a lot of work. I'm not sure I did the flower right. I need to look up some of the stitches in it. I have the sc and the dbc down packed though and i'm quite happy about that.
I have given the hat to my friends daughter to wear as she will be getting a blue snow suit for this winter. So now that I have discovered how easy creating a hat actually is i'm becoming a little more brave and will be attempting some new things. I'll be going through some of my pattern books now. I think Christmas is going to be a lot of fun this year.